Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Come On Spring!

I'm getting ready! Last year I spent stitching and quilting three of the Gail Pan Christmas Wish BOM quilts and one of her smaller wall hangings. The embroidery of twenty seven blocks plus the hanger took up a major part of my crafting time. So I'm busy now getting a jump on all the gifts I have wanted to make and to getting the satisfaction that comes with completing fun and fast projects.

You will see on my blog that I take full advantage of all the wonderful tutorials and free patterns that other bloggers and companies provide. What's the point of spending hours surfing the net and coming away not having something to show for it. Here are a couple of project's I just whipped up.


The cute embroidered strawberry pattern is a freebie along with many others on one of my favourite sites:
http://www.birdbraindesigns.net/

And the origami bag tutorial is available here:

http://quiltsalott.blogspot.com/2009/01/origami-pouch-tutorial.html (great blog!)

Also here's a little angel I stitched up to watch over my niece. The embroidered angel pattern is a freebie from
http://www.sewusefuldesigns.blogspot.com/ (another great blog!)



The most important thing I want to say today is a heartfelt thank you. The immediate "opening of arms" from all of you has been overwhelming. The welcoming words, best wishes and offers of assistance has blown me away. A special thank you to dear Kaaren who immediately took me under her wing and shared her wisdom and saved me from hours of floundering. To all of those who I may not have returned your comments because of my computer meltdown I apologize. Please stay with me on this journey. I welcome all of you and am proud to be included in this amazing community of woman.

Diane

7 comments:

Terry said...

Love the little heart you did with the angel! Aren't free patterns the best? I have loads of them to make...someday! :0)

Sue-Anne said...

Love the strawberries. They look good enough to eat!

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

lovely things! well done and thanks for the links. With the internet and bloggers there is always something to do. make, sew or read!

Diane said...

Hi Diane, I love your header picture, need to change mine for spring...but it may jynx us into getting more snow...;)
glad you stopped in at my blog, come back again.

Cindy said...

You ARE on a HEAD start, Diane. What pretty things. And thank you for the links.

I especially like the heart with embroidery. Too pretty.

Shelli said...

Darling projects. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Janet said...

Beautifully said Diane, I love the sharing part about blogging. Your projects look wonderful and would make fabulous gifts. I love strawberry designs, what a good idea for a tea towel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...