Thursday, April 01, 2010

Lemony Goodness

100_2942

Lemons were on sale this week so I bought a few to make my favourite treat.  This lemon curd or lemon butter recipe can be used for an Easter tart filling, for meringue shells, on scones or muffins, or as a cake filling.  Or my favourite spread on toast or right out of the jar on a spoon!

This is a fast, foolproof and extra lemony flavoured recipe  lower in sugar and butter than older recipes. I cut it out of Homemaker’s Magazine years ago.

ist2_3846343-lemons

Microwave Lemon Curd

Makes 1-1/2 cups

3   eggs

3/4  cup granulated sugar

1  tbsp or more grated lemon rind

1/2  cup  fresh squeezed lemon juice  (uses about 2-3 lemons)

2   tbsp soft butter

In a microwavable bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.  Whisk in lemon rind, lemon juice and butter.  Microwave for one minute med-high then whisk, then again for one minute you want to get this up to boiling but try to do this a bit at a time at first so you don’t just cook the eggs solid right away.  Then again 2  minutes  on High until it boils and thickens slightly. Whisk again until smooth.  Let cool, then refrigerate (it will thicken a lot more as it chills). May be stored in covered jar in refrigerator for up to one week.

flowerline2

I hope you enjoy this bit of lemony goodness, now that I’ve taken a picture of my jar it’s time to get my spoon out!

May you all have a blessed Easter weekend with those you love.

Diane

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I think I smell a bit of lemons in the air - fresh, clean and wonderful.

Roxanne said...

Diane, This sounds wonderful and I am going to make some soon!

Sue-Anne said...

Thanks for the recipe. I think I might have to give it a go. I love easy recipes.

Brandie said...

Oh I can't wait to try your lemon curd recipe. I love lemon curd, and I usually buy it at fancy shops. Now I can make it myself. Too excited!

Sherrill said...

That really sounds good, Diane..I will definitely give it a try! And thanks for passing along the tutorial for the tomato pincushion. Will make a few of those for SURE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...