Friday, May 14, 2010

Misty May Morning

Copy of butts 

Back in February I posted my garden view in the dead of winter.  It is now spring here in the Northern Hemisphere where we all hit the ground running the flora, fauna and those brave enough to wear shorts.  My growing season is from May until October.  So as they say “We have a long way to go and a short time to get there”.

This misty spring morning again I share some photos of my front garden this time as it prepares to burst into bloom.

100_3100

In my profile I list my ‘occupation’ as the Property Manager of the Sideroad Estate.  I am fortunate to be able to stay at home and have this as my ‘job’.  DH and I are blessed to own a small piece of this earth that we share with all of God’s creatures.  It is our sanctuary.

100_3101 

Our gardens are organic there are no pesticides or herbicides used on our land.  We manage our old growth woods to allow the maximum amount of nesting sites for birds and to provide shelter for wildlife.   There is a small pond to provide water for aquatic life and ducks to swim.  Six years ago we had five acres of pasture land reforested with native trees and scrubs.

Running right behind our property is the Trans Canada Trail.  It is made from abandoned railway lines and is absolutely fantastic.  From an opening through our fence we literally turn left or right and can walk or bike across Canada.   Here’s wee Jake trying to decide East or West?

100_3131

Home-Page-Cheat

So if you ever find yourself hiking the trail through Canada please detour in at the Sideroad.  Come sit on my bench and let nature surround you, maybe we can talk about quilting and the things we love to do.

Diane

13 comments:

Barb said...

Oh...I just love your garden....

Cindy said...

And what a beautiful sanctuary it is. A piece of God's love bestowed upon you.

Complete beauty.

Ethne said...

Ah Diane do you fancy coming over and sorting out our garden - there is LOTS of work to do - yours is lovely

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Such a lovely post Diane and a beautiful garden. Now, I just need to get some air in my tires and hit the Trans Canada Trail!

Brandie said...

Oh, How lovely! I would love to come visit. When I was 13, 27 years ago. My Grandmother and I went to Quebec, Ontario and Saskatchewan. We stayed over a month, visiting all her cousins. I loved it! One of my favorite memories was a wildlife park that a 2nd cousins worked at. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Take care

Kaaren said...

It truly looks like a little piece of heaven on earth, Diane. Thanks for letting us have a wee peek.

Sue-Anne said...

Your garden is beautiful Diane. How cool is the Trans Canada Trail!

~~Carol~~ said...

Diane, you are definitely living the good life there, in your house in the woods! I love all of the trees that seem to surround you. It's definitely a little piece of heaven!

Roxanne said...

What serenity! Beautiful pictures, Diane! Wish I was there to see it!

Terry said...

What a lovely place you have there! If I'm ever up your way, I'll be sure to stop by! :0)

Michelle said...

Wow...your garden/yard is absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to grab a glass of ice tea and just sit and watch the wildlife. :) Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, your garden is just beautiful, and soooo peaceful... I can imagine you sitting out there relaxing enjoying a cuppa together, it really looks like a sanctuary!!
Hugs
Jen xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...