Saturday, August 07, 2010

My Pets On Quilts Entry

TaylorQuilt1996

To join in the fun of the Pets On Quilts Show I had to dig deep to find some ‘old’ photos.     Here is a quilt I made back in 1996 for my goddaughter.  It is a Deb Mumm pattern from her book Quick Country Quilts, one of my favourites.

LabelTaylor KiaraQuilt2007

 

Another little girl received this quilt from the pattern series, Cat On My Quilt from Billie Lauder.

 

 

 

And finally I’ll take this opportunity to introduce you to the newest member of our family who is curled up on the first quilt I ever made.  This is Ruby, we’ve had her for about three weeks now.  This cat basket sits on my sewing table,  I had set it on the floor when I started sewing the other day and when I looked down I found Ruby had curled up in it. 

Sweet little Ruby is suffering from a very large broken heart.  She had a home with kids that she loved and because of illness in the family had to be given up.  Thankfully she was taken to http://www.annandpetesrescuedogs.com/ where they knew she would be taken care of until a new ‘forever’ home could be found for her.

Ruby23

Copy of Crafts9 ff

Jake has been wonderful with his new friend.  Teaching her the routine like sitting on the mat to wait for dinner.  We are trying our best to cheer Ruby up and she seems to be coming around.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please visit all the entries at the  Pets On Quilts Show – I’m going to!

Diane

27 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute (four legged children and quilts). So happy to hear you took sweet Ruby in. I'm sure she'll come around soon, especially with Jake's help and the love of your family.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SheilaC said...

Your kitty quilts are adorable thank you for sharing them!

And Ruby and Jake are sweet together

SheilaC

Needled Mom said...

Your cat quilts are so cute. I have some granddaughters who would be ga ga over them.

Kaaren said...

I love animal stories with a happy ending. She'll be fine, Diane. Our vet convinced me that animals...and dogs in particular...live in the moment and adapt quite quickly to a new environment, especially when they are shown love and affection. There will be a special place in heaven for you and your husband for having given her a new forever home.

Love the quilts too!

Vicki said...

Great cat quilts and I'm glad that Ruby has found a forever home. Jake is a great pal to take Ruby under his wing.

LuAnn Kessi said...

Ruby on the quilt, she looks so loved and cozy.
Your 2 little dogs waiting on the mat for dinner....just precious!

LuAnn in Oregon
http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

QuiltSue said...

Cute quilts and cute dogs. Thank you for showing them.

Notjustnat said...

This looks like fun! I made a lot of pet quilts too, but they were for the RSCPA or friend cats - Hugs
Nat

Brandie said...

Ruby is too cute! Who couldn't love her, she'll come around. Recycled dogs are the best. They are ready to give love and receive it. Give her a hug for me and a big kiss! Good luck

Barb said...

Loved your quilts and pets....

Yvette said...

Ahhh, Poor Ruby. She is sad now but soon she will only have eyes for you. She is just too adorable.

Trish said...

Diane, What a kind and gentle spirit you are. It's wonderful that you gave Ruby a forever home. Your kitty quilt is adorable! Love those kitties!!

Karen S said...

I really like that cat quilt at the top. Ruby and Jake are pretty cute too.

Jodie said...

What gorgeous quilts! And I'm sure Ruby will love you as much as her last family :)

wackywoman said...

Well whoo said dogs don't feel just don't know a thing do they. How lucky for Ruby that she has found her way into your loving home.

Nanbon44 said...

I like the first one the best, love the hearts on the cats.

hetty said...

I love your cat quilts and your dog story broke my heart. But with Jake for a mentor I am sure she will be happy in no time!

Nina-Marie said...

I love the label on this quilt!! Cool idea!

Stormy Days said...

You can see her broken heart in her eyes. Thank God for people like you. I always worry about the animals who have a happy home then don't.

Kim said...

Your quilts are beautiful and your dog is so cute.

Nancy Sue said...

Jake has his work cut out for him. Ruby is such a sweetie. Thank you for sharing your quilts with us. I LOVE how you stitched the quilt label!!!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

Talin's Corner said...

Love the quilt you made for your goddaughter. At first, I only saw the hearts until I took a closer look.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Ruby is so sweet, and in the cat basket - Love it! My babies (two cats and one dog) bed swap all the time. It always warms my heart to see them curled up for a nap. How good of you to take her in and for Jake to show her the ropes! Thank you for sharing your quilts, they are adorable.

Janet said...

I love the Cat on my Quilt one. And your dogs are sweet.

Kim D. said...

Wonderful quilts and I'm sure Ruby will come around. Both dogs are cuties and thanks for sharing your story.

Karen said...

Sweet quilts and poor little Ruby! I do hope she cheers up soon. So sad.

Vals Quilting said...

You cat quilts are adorable. Ruby brought a tear to my eye she's adorable and I love how she just fits into that small basket - what pets do god bless them!
Thanks for giving her such a loving home!
Valerie
http://www.PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...