Tuesday, September 07, 2010

EVERYTHING’S PEACHY…

100_3431

…now that it’s my favourite time of the year.  September brings with it that feeling of ‘everything falling into place’ for me.  It’s time to wrap up the gardens, the pantry is starting to groan and the freezer is reaching capacity.  The hard work in the heat is almost over and life’s pace begins to slow and regulate once more. 

   My Bronwyn Hayes Catalious block is finally finished and made into a mini (17”x17”)  ready to machine quilt.  This was my first attempt at colouring a stitchery with watercolour pencils and I’m  really pleased with the result.

100_3440 

100_3445

100_3291 I also finished stitching another set of  stitchery's from Gail Pan’s 2009  Christmas Wish BOM that were in my UFO pile(right). I made two of the quilts as gifts last year (pre-blog).

 

 

 

Cheryl'sQuilt09

Elly_Quilt_09

I’d like to thank all of you who stopped by and visited for the Pets on Quilts show and left such lovely comments especially about the newest member of our family, Ruby.  Ruby has settled in nicely, it’s been fun getting to know her personality.  She now thoroughly enjoys doing her ‘beagle dance’  at the end of a good walk, on her back in the grass, legs in the air, ears flying, twisting to the beat only a happy Beagle can hear.

Now for a piece of that Peach Upside-down cake, can I cut you a slice? 

Diane

9 comments:

Ethne said...

Well done on the completions - I live in hope of getting things completed, someday

Michelle said...

I love fall too...the smells, the colors, the cooler temps. It's all so nice! Great job finishing a third set of the Christmas Wish blocks! Wow. Your cat block is very cute, too!

Brandie said...

You have my mouth watering! That pie looks oh so yummy. Yes, save me a piece!
Your blocks look wonderful. I love your coloring job, not to over done.
I wish I could smell your house from here...bet is smells wonderful.

Cindy said...

Hi Diane. Oh, Fall sounds good.

Your stitcheries are so wonderful!! Can you wash a colored stitchery?

More photos of Ruby please.

QuiltSue said...

Peach upside down cake sounds wonderful. Have I got time to catch a plane over from the UK before it's all finished?

Love your Christmas Wishes quilts.

Darlee Byron said...

My fave time of year, too! Lovely results on your block. And thanks for the yummy slice of cake.

Wendy B said...

Oh Diane, you've done a superb job on the Catalicious quilt....looks FANTASTIC!!!...and your Christmas Wish is beautiful too (still in my ever increasing pile of "to-do's" LOL
sugary hugs XX Wendy :O)

Needled Mom said...

I love the look of the shading in the embroidery work. Are the colors permanent? Do you apply them with water?

I so wanted to do those Christmas stitcheries last year. I copied them off so I could do them and never got to it. Maybe this year!!!

Marit Johanne said...

The cat block is beautiful! And those Gail Pan’s 2009 Christmas Wish BOM reminds me about that mine are still UFO's :( I have to hurry up, it is soon Christmas 2010.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...