Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Splendour

100_3590

Here’s a photo taken from the rear of our property looking back.   The purple and white asters looked amazing this year mixed with the goldenrod.  On the hillside across the road the leaves are showing off their Fall colours.  It’s Thanksgiving this weekend in Canada.  The weather in our region is unseasonably warm and the roads are packed with cars taking in the leaves, roadside markets, Fall Fairs, Church suppers and of course being thankful with family and friends.

100_3688

Jake wanted to me to you his owwie.  Being a Jack Russell sometimes has it’s drawbacks, you may THINK you are bigger and tougher than ANYTHING  but your not.

Thankfully one thing you are IS fast on your feet and that is just what may have saved the rest of his nose from this guy…….

100_3676

SNAPPING TURTLE      1                  JAKE                  0

100_3671 

So a heartfelt Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends, may you share it with those you love.  If any of my readers haven’t entered my Fall into Fall giveaway please go here.  The response to this giveaway has been amazing. I’ve had so many kind comments, met new friends and found some fantastic new blogs to follow.  The giveaways run until October 15th so there is still time to enter here and at all the others.

Have a Blessed Day,

Diane

5s3a6b1p

12 comments:

aplainpath said...

Awe...poor Jake! He even has that pitiful look in his eyes. Love the pic of the turtle that got him and the score...very cute.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving encouraging comments! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh my gosh, the scenic photo is breath taking...just beautiful, thanks so much for sharing that view! Poor Jake, I'm so glad he wasn't hurt worse. My two little furry kids have to investigate virtually everything in the yard. They make sure no leaf is left unturned, especially if it moves. I'm not sure that my girls would have been quite fast enough to get away as they are getting older (like me, LOL). Well, give Jake a gentle scratch for me (on his very favorite 'scratch me' spot. Hugs coming to you, along with a 'Happy Thanksgiving' wish.

Kaaren said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Jake! I guess he was lucky, huh?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Diane. Enjoy your turkey...I know we will.

QuiltSue said...

Oh poor Jake. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Carin said...

Oh poor Jake, our Jack Russel sends him the best !! Hope you had a great thanksgiving. I love that nature photo, what a beautiful flowers and great colors of the leaves.

Linda said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family!!
We will be joining our family at our daughters today. We are so blessed to have great kids and grandkids to be proud of.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Your photo is gorgeous! We have the purple asters blooming here in NC right now! Lovely! ♥

Brigitte said...

We are so lucky to have had great weather for our Thanksgiving.
www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

Karin said...

I'd forgotten what Fall looks like (we're in South Texas), so thanks for the reminder - it really is beautiful! Poor Jake, but lucky to have a mom like you!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

Michelle May said...

Poor Jake! Ouchie!!!
Happy Thanksgiving day to you girlfriend!
xx,shell

Diane H said...

Testing Testing

Sunnybec said...

Oh all this sounds so familiar! I have a Jack Russell too, and his nose is into everything! He especially likes the hedgehogs that are around our back door at night, and very often comes in with blood on his mouth (and fleas on him eeewww). Poor Jake hope his nose is better now - bet it doesn't stop him doing it again though LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...