Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Trick or Treat! When I was a kid we used to4055855830_69df0e47ba_m say  “Halloween Apples!” Out here in our woods we don’t get any goblins or gremlins brave enough to come to our door (truth is they hit the more lucrative subdivisions).

4055843402_6dfeb330f1_mThat’s okay with me you scaredy cats – I’ll have time to sew. See these adorable little quilts by Sonja, I think I’ll treat myself and use  her free patterns  to make myself some.  Thank you for the sweet treats, Sonja!

pumpkinline_2

Actually around here today it looks a lot more like Christmas than Halloween with everything covered with snow!  So last night I did all the preparations for baking my fruitcakes and I just popped them into the oven. 

100_3745

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Halloween,

promohlwn_ftrcat

10 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

Thanks for the links to those wonderful patterns. I bookmarked Sonja so I can go back and browse later.
Do you have a fruitcake recipe that you would share? I was just thinking a couple of days ago about making some this year. Do you soak it in brandy from now until the holidays or are you going to freeze it? I can almost smell it baking. Yum!!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Adorable patterns, thanks for the link, and the fruitcakes are looking yummy already...like Linda, I can almost smell them baking. Hugs...

Sew Many Ways... said...

I love your Halloween quilts and your fruit cakes look yummy. That's my favorite Christmas treat. My husband buys me a fruit cake every Holiday!
~Karen~

Sue-Anne said...

Those little quilts are so cute and your Christmas cakes look very very nice. Happy Halloween!

Julie Fukuda said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. Those little Halloween quilts are darling.
Now I am wondering if it was the snapping turtle that got Jake's nose...

Betweens said...

Just love those paper pieced designs and your fabric choices...and now I am hungry..yumm

QuiltSue said...

I love the scaredy cat so I'll be off to check out that link in a minute. As for your cake, I am sniffing really hard, but can't smell them baking.

Linda said...

Yummy looking cakes. I love fruit cakes.
Your cat and jack-o-lantern are too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Brandie said...

Snow!?
I love your little quilts! I need to make a few for next year.
Yummy looking breads.

Barb said...

What cute little quilts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...