Sunday, October 24, 2010

Inspiration Galore…

…was found yesterday at the Dufferin Piecemakers Quilting Guild ‘Magic of Cloth’ exhibit that my mother and I attended.    With over 300  beautiful items of every quilting variety featured I left with my head full of ideas and  dreams.

stars2 

Here is the cute favour that was given to visitors upon entering.

100_3737 

100_3731

stars2

No quilting today but I did make these two pillowcases using this pattern.  Christmas is fast approaching and it’s time to start stockpiling some gifts.

100_3741

stars2

Have you started thinking about Christmas gifts?

Diane

8 comments:

Terry said...

I've made three gifts and have bought two more. I still have at least two more to make and a whole bunch more to buy, but I'm getting there! :0)

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a fun time and very inspirational....

Betweens said...

Diane I was there too.. first thing in the morning before they opened yesturday. It was very cool there were agility dogs getting ready for their classes I could hear the cows lowing in the agricultural building and I was able to meet and help Judy Lyons the quilt appraiser. The quilts were spectacular the Members boutique was the first I hit with some great buys and then their soup (squash) and homemade goodies were the icing on the cakes...The members were very friendly and offered wonderful stories of the quilts that were there. Hope to see you at the Durham quilt show that will be this week.

Brandie said...

Oh don't remind me! Can't we just postpone Christmas for a couple of months? So not ready!

Kim D. said...

I need to get working on gifts too. It's creeping up too quickly.

Karen said...

Oh dear, Christmas already!!! LOL.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful idea for pillowcases! I'm thinking about what I will make this year for gifts. I always make something hand made each year and it's always a challenge! ♥

Sue-Anne said...

What a cute little gift to receive. Love the pillow cases and yes, I have started thinking about Christmas but that is as far as I have got!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...