Sunday, March 06, 2011

Addicted to Quilting

image0011

Addicted to Quilting
She Learned to Quilt on MONDAY.
Her stitches all were fine
She forgot to make us dinner
So we all went out to dine


She quilted miniatures on TUESDAY
she says they are a must
They really were quite lovely
But she forgot to dust


On WEDNESDAY it was a sampler.
She says stippling's fun
What Highlights What Shadows!
But The LAUNDRY wasn’t done


Nine Patches were on Thursday
Green, Yellow, Blue and Red.
I guess she really was engrossed
She never made the Bed.


It was wall hangings on Friday.
In colors she adores
It never bothered her at all
That crumbs were on the floors


I found a maid on SATURDAY
My week is now complete
My wife can quilt the hours away
The house will still be neat


Well, now it’s only SUNDAY
I think I’m about to wilt
I cursed, I raved, I ranted…
Cause the Maid has learned to QUILT !

Author Unknown

155

I haven’t posted for awhile because I too have been very busy quilting.  Catching up on gift making so I can’t show my projects right now but I will as soon as I can.

Have a blessed Sunday,

Diane

5 comments:

Ethne said...

Great to hear from you again Diane - I hope you can share you work with us in due course

Sunnybec said...

Love the poem, sounds abit like our house, though I can't quite do as much quilting as that!! Love the new header too!! Soooo what is ya making then....LOL. xx

Joyful Quilter said...

Cute poem! Sounds like my house. I hope you can share soon, I'd love to see what you are working on.

Wendy B said...

hehehe....love the poem.....could only be written by a quilter's hubby!!!!!
Great to hear from you too!
sugary hugs
Wendy XX :O)

Michelle May said...

Too cute! Can't wait to see what you've been working on!
xx, shell

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...