Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Extension Table Wish Granted!


 How lucky am I! Oh, how I was wishing for an extension table to go with my new Husqvarna Sapphire 835.  It would make FMQ and appliqué so much easier to do.   So I showed my DHH (dear handyman husband) the catalogue with the $120.00 extension table that goes with my machine and he said….”I can make that!”

And poof!  This is what appeared….



100_4205  Wishes do come true!


Having my table made it so much easier to whip up this nursery rhyme panel that I needed for a  quick baby gift this week.    The new mom is an avid collector of vintage children’s books, so I think she will love this.




And when I finish fondling these wonderful Batiks that I won at http://inchwormfabrics.blogspot.com/I’ll sew them into something magical as well.   229248abu3e9v4w9

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your wishes come true this week as well,



Brandie said...

Your Husband is an artist! That is beautiful! He could go into business making those.
I knew the new Mom will love that quilt. Who wouldn't?! It's also beautiful!

A Plain Path said...

How Awesome! He did a lovely job...it fits beautifully.

Sunnybec said...

Love the quilt she is going to love it for sure. Mmmm extension table what a good idea LOL. Will be so glad when mine is finished!! Hope it looks as good as yours. Husbands do come in useful sometimes. xxxx

baukje said...

What a nice guy, cannot he come to France for a week or so????

Ethne said...

What a great extension table - I've been dreaming about one too, but the DIY will be down to me ;0)

Michelle said...

What a sweetie pie your husband is! That table is awesome!! Great job on the quilt too!!

Stray Stitches said...

I could have used your hubby's talents a couple of years ago when I was looking for exactly the same thing for my Janome. Ending up spending lots of money for a drop down table and insert.
Darling little quilt!

Cyndi said...

Hey Diane! I've been away from blogging for a few weeks, but now I'm back! That extension table is fabulous! Your husband is definitely a great handyman...look how perfectly your machine fits into that nook! You are indeed a lucky gal!

By the way... I LOVE your header and background. Did you make it yourself? It's awesome! :o)



Briarside Lane said...

Fantastic extension table!
I'll have to show that to MY DHH! When using the Pfaff extension table I have, my quilt does not want to slide/move smoothly.
What kind of finish (poly?) did he use? Love it!

Joyful Quilter said...

How nice to have a handy husband! Isn't it amazing how much of a difference the table makes, makes quilt so much easier...enjoy.

Dolores said...

You certainly are lucky to have such a handy hubby. The quilt is adorable.

Kim D. said...

Wow, what a fantastic extension table your husband made. Looks like it fits perfectly, I think he's a real keeper. :^) Your baby quilt is very cute.

Catswhiskers said...

I agree with baukje and he could have a stopover in the UK! - I am on a lookout for a 'second hand one' for my new machine.
It is perfect! Good for you and enjoy it.
The baby quilt is so cute. The new mom will love it. A litte treasure.

Crafty Green Poet said...

How clever of your husband! Those batik fabrics are wonderful!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Very clever of him to make you one of wood I have a plastic one and although it is very handy I love the wood look! He could sell those like mad!

Wonderful batik fabrics and love you baby quilt.

Carolyn :)

taylorsoutback said...

Your husband is quite the wood worker...the extension looks beautiful - I know you will really appreciate having that extra area too. It makes a big difference.

Madame Samm said...

love love love the table...and your quilt of dog and cat...scrumptious...you are good...and sew is DH


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...