Sunday, March 13, 2011

Playing with FMQ

100_4171

It’s time to take the free motion quilting plunge!  So I grabbed some stash and made myself a table topper to practice on.  First I stitched in the ditch all the straight lines.  In the centre block I outlined the centres and the petals of the flowers.   You can see I couldn’t wait to try a bit of stippling in some hearts. 

That’s my progress so far – this is going to be fun!

100_4174

554

100_4164

Finished this  topper to grace my Mother’s table.   The original pattern is from the book On the Run by Heather Mulder Peterson.  I used the basic pattern shape but have adapted it to use fabrics from my stash.

100_4163

100_4179

554

Had a lovely surprise package in the mail this week. I won this from the Prairie Flower Farm blog. Enough sweet recipes to keep me exercising, some recipe cards and an adorable fabric covered notebook.   Thanks very very much, dear Linda.

100_4170

554

Well, if I’m going to get any practice done today I better get back to my machine.  Thanks so much for stopping by,

Diane

8 comments:

Sunnybec said...

I love your heart stippling I am definitely going to use that idea! I absolutely love the table topper ..mmm...reminds me of one I made for someone LOL. On the Run is a really good book. Hugs Linda

Linda Stubbs said...

Hi............I am so glad you like your treasures.......it took everything to get them to you.......smile! I am just so grateful that you did get them. Enjoy and you will just love that cookbook!!!!!!!!!! It is wonderful and they are so easy to make.

Hugs sweet friend, Linda
Prairie Flower Farm

Barb said...

I so love your quilts....the flowers are wonderful...

Joyful Quilter said...

So far your practice quilt looks great, can't wait to see what else you quilt into it.

Great win, those recipes do look dangerous (and good).

Ethne said...

Great pressies Diane
Looks like your having fun with the FMQ you will have fun and be glad you've decided to jump in, I look forward to seeing what you do ;0)

Brandie said...

I love the quilting! So cute! I love to use the fabric as a quilting design also.
Has you Mom seen the table topper yet? I know she'll love it!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

I think you are doing a fantastic job with fmq!
That table topper is gorgeous!
xx, shell

taylorsoutback said...

what a fun blog you have! So many activities going on - I could spend hours...will be back to visit again soon. And thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment at my site.
Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...