Sunday, June 05, 2011

Catching Up

100_4927

It’s been a busy spring here on my Sideroad.  If I could either stitch or blog while on the lawn tractor cutting grass I’d be well ahead of the game but no can do.  Family health issues, visitors and DH off to a new job have kept me hopping.

From Kathleen Tracy April 2011

First I'd like to thank author and quilter Kathleen Tracy, A Sentimental Quilter for the lovely fqs that I won from her giveaway. Kathleen’s amazing miniature quilts have inspired me to give one a try. I now have a whole new appreciation of miniatures!

berrydividerx_thumb[2]

I have been able to get some gifts made this spring.  This reversible bag is a free pattern from All People Quilt

Rev. Bag 

The bag and this 17”x17” quilt with a Bronwyn Hayes stitchery took a six week journey and arrived late for Linda’s birthday in France.

100_4129 

berrydividerx_thumb[2]

I sent this table topper home with my aunts who were here visiting from Western Canada. My mother’s sisters, both 80ish who never married and are still lovingly referred to in the family as “the girls”. The pattern is from a great tutorial on Sherri’s blog, A Quilting Life.  Thanks Sherri, I will be making more of these.  I used a charm pack of Patisserie from Fig Tree Quilts and love the look with the ricrac.

 100_4851 

100_4848

berrydividerx_thumb[2]

I’m almost embarrassed by how lucky I have been at many of the amazingly generous giveaways in blogland.  I’d like to say a great big thanks to Kristen from So Happy to Sew for these Alhambra & Girly Girl Art Gallery fqs:

100_4977

And to Cindy at Live a Colourful Life for these – Sherbet Pips! I shared one of them with a special friend who had a bit of Pips yardage to trade.  Now we can both make something fun.

From Colorful Life May 2011

berrydividerx_thumb[2]

A big thank you for stopping by my dear blog friends.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those of you struggling with health issues and to those who have been affected by tornados and floods.

Blessings,

Diane

10 comments:

Sherri said...

I love the table topper in Fig Tree fabrics...it's just gorgeous!

Joyful Quilter said...

You have been lucky! And busy. Love the little stitchery quilt.

Cyndi said...

Hi Diane! All of your projects are just beautiful! I am sure your friend Linda was thrilled to bits with that adorable bag and the sweet wall hanging...love that little kitty stitchery in the center! And congrats on all of your wins...isn't it fun to get gifties in the mail? :o)

Hope you're having a good day, and I hope that whomever in your family is having a problem health-wise will soon be better...I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Ethne said...

Great to see you back blogging Diane - you have been busy and you've been very very lucky with your wins - pity you don't live down the road from us we could do with a shot on your tractor mower (but that's a whole new story)

Sunnybec said...

Oooo look at that handbag...its lovely and its all mine! Oooo look at that fabulous little quilt...oh wait... that's mine too!! Yeah how lucky am I what a fabulous birthday present and let me tell you that stitchery is even more A-MAZ-ING in real life It has pride of place in my hall for everyone to see.... thank you Diane you are the best. Hugs xxxx

Michelle said...

Wow, you have been very busy. All of your projects are wonderful...I love the Fig Tree one especially. Congratulations on such nice wins! :)

baukje said...

Oh Diana how lucky you are winning these wonderful giveaways. Love the fabric.

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

That is the sweetest little kitty cat quilt!!

baukje said...

Hi Diana I hope we 'll both win a tea cosy!!!!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Wow! Fabulous!
xx, shell

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...