Thursday, September 22, 2011

Topper Finished…

100_5280 …just in time for Fall!

100_5284

It always pays to hit the remnant bin at my LQS.  That’s where I had picked up the lovely piece of yardage to use for my binding – long before I found the charm pack to match.

100_5303

I treated myself to a package of these Crayola fine line markers when the back to school sales were on.   I test drove them on the front of my topper and they washed out completely!   Warning – I have read in the blogosphere not to iron the marks before washing or you will  heat set them.  As well it wouldn’t hurt to test the markers on the fabric you plan on marking just to make sure they will wash out.  Better safe than sorry.  

4g4u1h I really enjoy making these pillowcases.  These were sent to two of my great-nieces.  Pillowcases Aug11 For Kathy 4g4u1h

Mom & Diane

Lastly, I want to share this picture of my mother and I (when we were both much much younger).  She just had her 85th birthday last week.   Happy Birthday, dear Mom!

4g4u1h

And a blessed Fall to you my dear friends,

Diane

12 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Birthday to your mom .


Your topper is just awesome!

Sunnybec said...

Love your "Autumn" topper...do we really speak the same language! x

Janet O. said...

I can't enter my LQS without perusing the remnants. Love the fall table topper. The pillowcases are very fun!
Sweet picture of you and your Mom.

Joyful Quilter said...

Cute fall table topper, your quilting looks great. Love the pillow cases and the photo of you and your mom!

Ethne said...

Lovely topper Diane and what a great birthday celebration - 85 years, health and happiness to your Mum.
The pens are great aren't they and they just need a quick rinse in the washing machine to remove the markings. The Berol washable markers work too ;0)

QuiltSue said...

I love your runner, and happy birthday to your mother.

Jeanne said...

Such a pretty table mat for fall! I love the fall colors. Nice work.

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Happy birthday to your mom! Love your table topper!
xx, shell

Linda said...

Diane it has been awhile since I last visited your blog. I forgot what a lovely stitcher you are.
Haapy Birthday to your Mom and many more!

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I love that picture--it's precious!!! I love your table topper--it's so beautiful--you are super-talented, my friend.
Oh Diane, I hope that the seminar was helpful and you can come back ANY time and feel free to just read it all whenever you need to know something...That's why I made a permanent page on my blog.

If you know anyone who wants to grow their blogs or needs help about anything, send 'em over! lol

XO
Cindy

Sheila said...

Wow...lovely topper!
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! She knits!!!! I wonder what she was making in that photo? Now I am curious! :)

Connie said...

Beautiful table topper and Happy Birthday to your mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...