Wednesday, November 09, 2011

My Singer & Pattern Wins

singer_logo

The SINGER brand is celebrating its 160th anniversary!  You can add your Singer’s story here on their website at My Singer Story.  There are over 1,500 wonderful stories already.  You can also register your pre-1970 Singer and receive a certificate dating it for you after you enter your serial number.

My Singer was gifted to me by my aunt a few years ago. Her name (the machine not my aunts, silly) is ‘Purdy’ thanks to Pat over at All Decked Out.  It is a 1966 Style Mate Zig-Zag Model #348.   My aunt bought her brand spanking’ new.   It has all the accessories and a beautiful solid wood carrying case.

100_5358

There are nine stitch pattern “Fashion Discs” that you can put into the top as well as two needle stitching capacity.

100_5357

100_5353

I hope you enjoyed meeting Purdy.  Do you have a Singer story to tell?

www_spaghettifile_com_img_694951

There is absolutely no excuse for me not to make some fabulous gifts for Christmas.  I won this fun paper piecing pattern from Lily’s Quilts.

  P1010904_2

This adorable pattern is by Kerry at  verykerryberry.  You can find her patterns for sale here at her Etsy shop 

I was also one of the lucky pattern winners over at Hugs from Helen.   Helen’s patterns can be purchased here.  

untitled

Isn’t this the cutest candle mat! It’s from a collection of patterns called Gran’s Christmas Table.

www_spaghettifile_com_img_694951

I hope you’ve got some wonderful gift ideas brewing in your heads because it’s time to get them started!

Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching,

Diane 

8 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Don't bother making me anything for Christmas, just send me the singer...ROFL xxxxx

Barb said...

I love that singer!!!

Janet O. said...

I used a Singer Touch and Sew in Home Ec in junior high--that is my only experience with Singer. My Mom had a Bernina--that is what I learned on, and replaced it a few years back with another one. DH bought me a Viking just before we married over 33 years ago and he bought me a Pfaff for Mother's Day about 4 years ago.
I'd love to get a featherweight!

Kerry said...

What a great machine! fantastic colour too! Thankyou for the pattern mention!

Peg said...

What a lovely machine! I have 2 antique Singers, both with certificates now from the web-site.. Congrats on the wins!

Kim D. said...

Lucky you to get such a nice Singer, she's a beauty.
I have a Featherweight and it's a great machine.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hello my lovely friend!

Just popping in to say hello, what a bonus it was to meet Purdy! I love her colour... and at the moment I'm quite partial to learning about vintage/antique sewing machines - especially the toy ones! It's become a bit of a recent obsession!!!

I hope all is well in your world Linda! Not long until Xmas now eh? Love your gifties!!!

Big hugs!
Vikki xoxo

Connie said...

Purdy is purdy, too, for sure. She's a keeper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...