Sunday, April 29, 2012

Art Gallery Fabrics Apron

About this time last year I won these great Art Gallery fat quarters from the lovely Kristen’s blog, So Happy to Sew.   Thanks, Kristen!    I’ve been waiting for inspiration to make the perfect project that would show off these great fabrics.

From So Happy To Sew,Kristen Art Gallery Apr 2011

Finally!  I believe it was in the March issue of the Quilter’s Connection magazine newsletter that contained a free pattern for a Spring-Time Apron made with three fat quarters.  I apologize for not having a link for you.  I’ve just spent two days trying to find it and could have made another apron in all that time.  So I gave up.  If anyone has it please have pity on me and let me know.

Copy of Fiber Flies Tattoos

Just like making any good recipe or pattern I tweaked it and made it my own.  I wanted my apron to use four fat quarters so I added a border along the bottom.

100_6194

The front.

100_6203

The Back.

100_6207

The Top.  I attached the neck ties with buttons.

100_6200

oooooooowwww, ahhhhhhhhhhh.   Mitres – my first attempts.  I like ‘em!

100_6205

The Pocket.  Fussy cut with a button for fun.

100_6198

There!  A lovely new apron for spring.

Copy of Fiber Flies Tattoos

Now what am I going to make with these little beauties that I recently won from Linda at Lavender Ridge?    Thanks very much, Linda.

100_6067 

So many bloggers have great labels.   I don’t know if I’m the last person to see these but they certainly are perfect for my projects!  I’ve got to get me some.

thistookforever_label

I hope your all having a great weekend and I wish you all a safe and happy week.

Diane

9 comments:

Connie said...

What a cute apron!

Sunnybec said...

What a fab way to use FQs! You are so clever with your corners...another one for me to try. Hugs x

Colleen said...

Hi Diane. I just wanted to drop a note and tell you I like your "this took forever" clip art. Did you do that yourself?

Joyful Quilter said...

Your apron is too cute! What a great idea to use 4 fat quarters.

Are you really getting labels that say "This took forever"? I should get some too. Hehehehe

Anais said...

We LOVE this apron over at Art Gallery Fabrics! If you would like to share on our page we would be most happy :)

http://www.facebook.com/ArtGalleryFabrics

Linda in Calif. said...

That is a cute apron pattern, of course the fabric really does make it adorable. Good job. I have a couple fat qtrs, maybe I could make an apron too. Maybe a little mini quilt with the other fat qtr? As for the labels, no I didn't know there are lots of bloggers with labels. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. Was it hard to make?

Kristen said...

I love it!! Really great way of using those fat quarters! I am glad you enjoyed them!

Cheryll said...

WOW too funny... we just made aprons too! Yours looks great and sooo easy too! Great job! :)

Ioana-Carmen said...

beautiful work!
Can we follow each other?:X

FashionSpot.ro

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...