Monday, June 04, 2012

ME Table Topper

Well, it’s June already.  Sometimes I wonder why I take the Christmas tree down every year.  Do the months fly by for you as well?  The good news is the vegetable garden is in and we’ve finally had some rain to make it grow.   Spring is always a very busy time here.  Lots of fast growing grass to cut and perennial beds to weed and re-organize before I just let them be.

100_5875

Speaking of gardening.   In my stash I had a jelly roll and a charm pack of Mary Englebreit’s Basket of Flowers fabrics.    So with the help of my assistant, Ted we used a snowball pattern and put together a table topper.

100_5927

We just kind of made up the pattern as we went along.   It was fun incorporating the blocks into the border. 

100_5926

And for the first time we made a scrappy binding.

100_5893

For the quilting Ted suggested mostly straight line with a free motion flower in the centre of each block.  Great choice, Ted!

100_5903

redbloomsdivi_thumb[1]

100_5590

When we were all finished our topper Ted carefully picked out a box and we sent it off to our special friend, Linda in France for her birthday.

P4290001

redbloomsdivi_thumb[1]

100_6337

This past Saturday while DH was attending a guitar workshop in a nearby town I tagged along and checked out the thrift stores.    Just look what I found!   A 1992 43 oz.  Fitz and Floyd teapot and cream and sugar set in excellent condition all for just $9.99.    Does anyone happen to know the name of this pattern?  I researched and found a “Fruit Fair” but the white is a basket weave not ‘ribbed’ like these are.  DH says it looks like a knitted cozy is already on the teapot.    

redbloomsdivi_thumb[1] 

Thanks very much for stopping by and we hope to see you again soon,

 

 Diane (and Ted)

16 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

You and Ted did an excellent job on the table topper, love the made up the pattern as you went along and the scrappy binding - very cute!

Brandie said...

Great assistant. Do you hire him out? I'm in need of a creative assistant myself. Lol

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ted has superb taste I have to say. Gorgeous table topper. I love the 'snowball design' it is so versatile. I am sure Linda will be thrilled. I adore your thrifty buy as well. What a great find.

Janet O. said...

What a happy tablerunner! Could I borrow Ted sometime to help me make some decisions?
Very cute tea set--I have no idea as to the name of that pattern. Sorry.

Sunnybec said...

Ha, you never told me you had had help!! He fits in that box lovely why didn't you send Ted as well....
I AM thrilled with it Michelle, it's beautiful and I am hoping it is going to have many adventures with me.. :o... Linda xxx

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Ted is a top assistant isn't he?

Peg said...

What a great little table topper - perfect for summer! Ted is so cute!

Cyndi said...

Oh Diane, that table topper is too, too cute! What a great design, and the quilting is beautiful. You and Ted are a great team, for sure. Wish Wilson would give me help like that! :o) I know that Linda is going to love it, too. (I'm still working on something for her...I'm so behind!)

And what a great find with the tea pot, creamer and sugar set. I don't know the name of it, but it's beautiful!

Have a gorgeous, blessed day, my friend!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Sarah said...

It looks like your quality control officer was a great help on this project. LOL! Love the fabric and scrappy binding!

Michelle said...

Your little table topper is absolutely adorable! I love the scrappy binding...you and Ted did a great job!! Love it!

Linda Ruthie said...

Your table runner is fabulous. I love the colors and pattern you used. So cheerful!

Sue-Anne said...

That's a lovely tabletopper and I'm sure your friend will love it. Ted did a wonderful job of assisting.

I agree with your husband, they look like they already have tea cosies on.

Ruth said...

It's a good thing you have Ted as an assistant! It's no telling what the quilt would have looked like without his direction. It is adorable and I love the way you did the border. Scrappy bindings are fun too.

jody said...

diane, i love the way your quilt turned out! love the pattern, fabric and helper! your binding is perfect! i love fitz and floyd and what a buy your got!!! i was in japan for 6 years and once a month they had a bazaar and i would buy fitz and floyd every month sooo to say i have some...i will see if i can find the name of this pattern. enjoy your day!

baukje said...

Wow that teapot is a beauty and so is the tabletopper!!!!!

thethimbleroom said...

What a pretty runner! ME fabrics always look so friendly. (The teapot was a fantastic find!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...