Sunday, July 01, 2012

Quilt for A New Baby

There’s a new baby boy expected this summer.  My nieces first child and a baby quilt is now ready for him to picnic on with his friends.  I used the last of the Mary Englebreit jelly roll I had left from this topper in a rail fence block and a pastel stripe from my stash for the back.  I added some large ric rac and can’t decide which side I like best.

sssss

imagesCA9IR10N

aaaaa

For the quilting some straight line and a chain at the ends. 

wwwww

Here’s a link for these contoured burp clothes from Cloud Nine.  They also have pages of other great tutorials for you.   The blue and white floral are terry cloth.  The print clothes have a white terry on the back as do the floral ones.  

kkkkk

imagesCA9IR10N

We are celebrating Canada Day today so best wishes to all my Canadian blog friends.   It’s also a very special day for Linda & David over at Living the Dream they are celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary.   Congratulations you two!

Now it’s time to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day.  I hope you are able to do the same.

Diane

4 comments:

Annabellouise said...

Both sides are beautiful and I like the addition of rick rack. It will be nice to be able to turn it over to get a different look.

Sunnybec said...

Oh that's beautiful Diane, and two for the price of one!! The ric rac on the back really sets it off. Oh..that was a surprise seeing my name mentioned!! Thank you my friend, what worries me is people keep wishing me the best for the next 40 years... Purleeese.... Hugs :-)

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

frony back front back - oh so hard choose! I think we can say they got two for one!
Well done
Linda

Janet O. said...

Very fun on both sides--that is doubly good! Love the striped backing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...