Friday, June 28, 2013

Welcome Little One

abc

Another new great nephew was all smiles when he received his quilt recently.

100_6966

I had fun with the quilting on this one. Using a disappearing ink marker, a ruler or whatever I had around the house that was the right size as this kitchen funnel was.  I drew different designs in each piece of fabric then quilted them using my walking foot.  

100_6970

 

100_6964

 

100_6962

100_6960

Some of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine came into play as well.

100_7046

The backing is a cozy piece of nursery print flannel with a band of blue chambray at the top and bottom.

100_7043

My helpful assistant Jake held down the corner so we can all see the finished product.  Thank you, Jake.

pink butterflys

Creative Chicks Banner rec'd May19 2011

Way back in 2011 I won this fabric banner from Creative Chicks at Play.

 100_7019

So big sister, Abby didn’t feel left out.  I used part of the banner to make this for her pink and purple bedroom.

pink butterflys

It’s Canada Day on July 1st so we are heading into a long weekend.  Best wishes to all as well as those who will be celebrating July 4th.

Stay safe and have fun.

Diane

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sweet little one--you did a great job on the quilting. Use whatever works! : )
Nice little surprise for big sis. Good of you to think of her. The banner is very pretty. I know my little pink and purple loving granddaughter named Abby would love such a thing!

Sunnybec said...

Your quilt is lovely he looks very happy on it! What a fab idea with the banner it looks really good. Hugs xx

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

The little boy is just adorable; as is his quilt

Carin said...

Beautiful quilt and what a great smile your nephew has !!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Looks great! And love the bunting too!
Carol

Cheryll said...

Oh he's gorgeous! AND he shares his special day with my new grandson too! Makes him a kindred spirit! :)

Michelle said...

Such a cute quilt and great quilting! I'm glad I found your blog again...after the move and Google Reader shutting down, I feel out of the loop! :)

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Wow, so nice and smooth! Looks fab and what a sweet baby:)

Diane H said...

sssss

Deonn said...

Precious!

Diane H said...

xxxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...